Types of Horse Trailer plugs available and general description.
7 pin 12N
- This is commonly known as ‘N’ type
- It is normally black plastic or it is available in aluminium
- It has 7 wires for lights sufficient to make a trailer legal
- Reverse lights cannot be operated from this.
7 pin 12S
- This is commonly Known as ‘S’ Type
- The plugs are grey plastic and the sockets are black plastic with a grey lid
- It has 7 wires which are power for a caravan and reverse lights
- These are known as euro plugs
- They are black plastic
- These combine all the items in N and S type
There are other plugs available but those shown above are the ones that are regularly used on 12v cars and caravans.
- Yellow L/H indicator
- Blue Fog light
- White Earth
- Green R/H indicator
- Brown R/H tail / side light
- Red Brake lights
- Black L/H tail / side light
See our stock link for replacement electric plugs all which are delivered with a hard copy of the wiring guide